Alpine Children’s Charity was formed in 2004 by a group of fourteen cousins, aged 9-19, in an effort to have "kids helping kids" by raising money to support established charities that are focused on 1) finding cures for diseases that affect children and 2) providing education and support services for groups impacted by childhood diseases. The foundation strives to engage kids in helping other kids by creating fundraising event opportunities where children can be involved in the planning and execution. The development of an active Junior Board is key to the foundation’s success. Approximatley 20 new Junior Board Members have become involved after participating in our events.
Over $1,500,000 has been rasied in ten years through
nine skiathons and eight golf events!!
A big thanks to all our supporters!
The mission of Alpine Children’s Charity is to:
- raise money for research and promote public awareness of various childhood diseases; and
- encourage kids to help other kids thereby fostering a lifetime commitment to service in the young people involved.
JUNIOR BOARD ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Initial presentation to the CEO of Vail Resorts was prepared and presented by Junior Board members aged 13 and 14.
- Sponsor presentations have been made by all Junior Board members.
- Junior Board members have solicited ski and snowboard shops and other businesses in both the Vail Valley and Chicago area to make in kind donations of product/gift certificates for our prize table.
- One Junior Board member, age 17, designed, built and maintains the web site.
- Junior Board members have requested media coverage and have been interviewed for articles in the Vail Daily, Daily Herald, and Barrington Courier-Review. They have also been interviewed on TV8 and Plum TV in Vail, as well as several local Vail radio stations.
- Junior Board members have recruited participants for each year’s event.
- Junior Board members have solicited sponsors/pledges for their own participation in the event.
- Personal thank you notes to all donors are written by Junior Board members.
- Junior Board members actively recruit additional Junior Board members.
- Junior Board members designed the charity logo.
- Junior Board members designed and are actively selling wrist bands, t-shirts and hats.
- In 2005, Junior Board members were recognized for their philanthropic efforts by Congressman Mark Kirk, 10th District of Illinois.
- In 2006, Junior Board members received the Junior Community Quarterback Award from the Chicago Bears, which included a $5,000 grant from the Chicago Community Trust